Idle Incremental Game
Genre: Idle games
Target group: 13+
Work: Game balancing & mechanics
Role: Game Designer
Game is in testing phase (unannounced)
The Idle game what I worked on is in the testing phase currently, and hence I can't reveal too much about the game. Although what I can tell is my work on the game as a Game Designer and elaborate more in the interview.
I majorly worked on balancing & managing the game, like figuring out the values & curves for upgrade costs, multipliers, growth, and prestige. It was important to establish the bottleneck in an
Our game is based on the theme of selling different items on each stage & these items will gradually change with each prestige.
- Production station: Each station has a worker and a manager responsible for producing the item.
- Selling station: One station per stage. Also consisted of a worker & manager responsible for selling items to the customer
- Carriers: They are the middle men responsible for carrying the product from production to selling station
All these station workers & managers are upgradable by using soft currency
Incremental games tend to focus on two primary mechanics:
Active player engagement
These two things were covered by designing & managing the customer system in the game
The most important & interesting part of the game was to manage the customers & their demands. I loved balancing this core as it included careful thinking about:
- how many customers should come to the station
- at what intervals
- which products should they ask for
- how many products should they ask for etc.
Working Method: SCRUM
Softwares: Unity, Asana, Github, Sourcetree
I can show the game & share further details in an interview